Friday, March 11, 2016

Train Keeps On Rolling

Portland St. I have always wondered about who lives in those houses up the hill.
I woke up this morning to the sound of the train's forlorn whistle in the distance. Why does it sound so forlorn and lonely I think to myself? Somehow I am filled with a sense of wellbeing this morning as I make my coffee, wash some dishes, listening to the comfortable sound of my coffee maker, smelling the fresh coffee's aroma fill the air. The bird's chirping fill the air as they call to each other as they get ready for Spring. The perfect morning.

Portland St. St. Johnsbury, Vermont
Yesterday I took a walk to our local Whites Market. It is a small privately owned grocery store with the same clerks all the time I have been shopping there. As I'm walking through the aisles I'll stop and chat with one of the stock boys who are always very polite. You ask for help and they will bend over backwards to help you out. It's very comfortable.
Snow is almost all gone!
My destination was our local cable company where there's a little payment center where you can pay your bill personally. I know the head employee, Cathy, whom I laugh and chat with leaving with a sense of accomplishment and well-being, another month of service yah! I had brought my camera (sometimes I forget it) so I could take you on my walk.

Today I still feel pretty good and will go out again. It's going to be warm which will melt any remaining snow that the rain last night melted. Spring is in the air folks! St. Patrick's Day is coming which I am partially of the black Irish clan on my father's side. No, I have never had a green beer but I believe in Leprechauns! And the Easter bunny is real too! So we have two fun holidays coming. Green beer and chocolate. This month is going to be fun!

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #38 Insidious: subtle, seductive, treacherous

In a sentence: A movie I really like is named insidious which was terrific!

No comments: