Sunday, March 13, 2016

Springing Forward

I woke up this morning to a new time. It took me completely off guard. Of course, I would have eventually noticed because of my computer time changes automatically.  So the microwave and clock in the bedroom have to be changed as well now.

It used to affect me more when I was working. Especially the days I partied the night before. You always feel a bit 'off' with the time change, I have no idea why.

Your supposed to change your smoke alarm's batteries as well. Living in a small apartment is such a chore when you basically have the stove in your dining room. I don't know how many times I have set that thing off when I'm trying to cook. That's when I'm glad you can throw open the windows wide and cook away.

Now we wait for the last frost so flower and garden planting can begin. The big Maple tree out front will fill full of leaves, the cherry tree in front of the empty house will be in full bloom which is so pretty.

I'm hoping to see baby ducks again this Spring.  Baby birds, baby squirrels all calling out to their mothers makes it quite noisy around here but I love it. Adult cats and their screeching I could do without. But the resulting kittens are so cute!

The different vegetable gardens around town start with freshly turned over soil in neat furrows, then watching the little sprouts turn into food. I have always found this amazing to grow anything. I can't wait to live somewhere where I can plant those huge sunflowers I love so much.

And it will be great to be able to walk outside without fear of slipping and breaking a part of your body, dressing to go out will be much lighter with all you 'warm wear' put away going through, in my case my dresses. This year I have a couple pairs of shorts I got on sale last year so bring it on Spring. I'm waiting for you with open arms!






100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #39 Insolent: impudent, contemptuous

In a sentence: I was very insolent as a teenager.

No comments: