Saturday, July 11, 2015

Grandma's Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe #FixThePlus*

I am going to be having dinner and wanted to share this recipe and the link you can find at the bottom.

A while ago I was missing my Grandma's macaroni and cheese recipe and I came across this. 


It's easier than grating up all the cheese so I don't have to stand on my feet as long. You can adapt it the way you like it. I also use hot dogs placing them on top so they will effectively grill.





GRANDMA'S BAKED MACARONI & CHEESE

 
1 pkg. (8 oz.) elbow macaroni
10 oz. grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. unsifted all-purpose flour
2 c. milk
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 


Cook macaroni as package label directs; drain. 
In a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish, alternate macaroni with 1 1/2 cups cheese (two complete layers).
Meanwhile, prepare sauce. 
Melt butter in medium saucepan, remove from heat blend in flour, gradually stir in milk, then seasonings. 
Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. 
Boil 1 minute. 
Pour sauce over macaroni and cheese in casserole. 
Top with remaining cheese. 
Bake 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown.

Sometimes I add cut up ham or hot dogs. You can even crack a couple of eggs on top. Got that from my 'munchies' era:)


http://www.cooks.com/recipe/110jr006/grandmas-baked-macaroni-cheese.html

Tip: For house plants you can water with plain pasta water, no oil added, when it cools down. The plants love it!

How do you make your macaroni and cheese?

No comments: