Sunday, June 26, 2016

How To Pack With Fibromyalgia #FixThePlus

How to pack with Fibromyalgia. First off I am going to post about this baffling disease. At least to me it is.


  • Very common
  • More than 3 million US cases per year
  • Can't be cured, but treatment may help
  • Requires a medical diagnosis
  • Lab tests or imaging rarely required
  • Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong
  • Fibromyalgia is often accompanied by fatigue and altered sleep, memory, and mood.
  • Widespread muscle pain and tenderness are the most common symptoms.
  • Medications, talk therapy, and stress reduction may help control symptoms.
First off don't be afraid to ask for help which at first I had a horrible time asking for I am very independent and would rather do it myself. In asking for help I ended up with around 20 boxes to use in packing. Call your local Human Services to see what they offer.

Now you got your boxes. Now with Fibromyalgia you get your good days, your bad days and days that you can't even get out of bed. Don't pack on that day. Take advantage of your good days packing a few boxes at a time. Stop if you start to feel any pain at all...SIT DOWN and rest.

I have had plenty of notice with this move and now I'm working with about 2 weeks until move in time. We are getting the family to help which will be great, one of the things I love about my married family is even if it's not your favorite thing to do, you do it. 

I have so far emptied the closet, most of the bathroom stuff, some of the kitchen stuff piling the packed boxes next to the front door for easy moving access. The only big items we have to move is our bed and a few shelves thank goodness.

This coming Friday we are going to view our newly renovated 2 bedroom apt and I'm very excited to see our new home in a new town. No more hills to climb, stores are all within walking distance, I can't wait!

So remember, nothing is impossible, there is lots of help out there take advantage of it and happy trails to you until we meet again.

What's your best way to move?









No comments: