Friday, January 29, 2016

Take A Little Trip With Me

Grandma and Grandpa Rose

I've been watching Bones for a couple of weeks at least. For your amusement and I must confess, mine as well, I asked myself a couple of questions about my show. They are:

1.Why are skeletons mouth always wide open?

2.This actor who got killed didn't stand a chance in this show. He brought a knife to a gun fight, got his hand cut off, got run over and cats were eating him when he was found. Safe to say he won't be returning.

3.While reading Diana Bauder's post about her bank experience which you have got to read, it reminded me of a couple of times the bank has messed up with me.

I always when asked my name I say "Sheryl with an S". Evidently Sheryl with a C has lots of parking tickets and has been a very bad girl.

I also had troubles when my first married name was Barker.One time when my bank put my check I was cashing into a 'Parker' account I of course freaked. Times like that keeps you on your toes.

More Grandma & Grandpa's Corn

4. I have to admit I'm a tad on the spacey side. Head up in the clouds and all that. That happens most of the time standing in front of the refrigerator. (How come there is a D in fridge and not refrigerator)?

I was making our favorite dinner which is cheeseburgers. Simple enough. I bake my hamburgers in the oven at 350 degrees for 22 mins with the fries on each side, burgers in the middle of the pan. Less standing time. Here is me and Grandpa Rose's conversation:

Me- (Standing by the hamburger patties) Hmmmmmm
Grandpa Rose- Ut oh what's going on?
Me- I forgot what I was doing.
Grandpa Rose- Making the sound of a busy signal "Beep beep beep beep"
Me- Cracking up
Grandpa Rose- Quipping, "How dare you be busy brain"
Me- I think I was put on hold.
Grandpa Rose- Who else you got in there!

I hope you had an amusing trip with me.

100 Exquisite Adjectives
By Mark Nichol

I love words and came across a list of them. I'm going to add a word a day to my posts as long as I don't forget.

Word #6
Baleful: deadly, foreboding
Giving him a baleful stare I told him to get lost.

No comments: