Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NATIONAL HUNGER & HOMELESSNESS AWARENESS WEEK


This is something close to home for I too had been homeless in my lifetime. I have been in homeless shelters, twice, visit food banks and gone to where there are free lunches where you are guaranteed at least one meal a day Monday - Friday.

In return, I have sheltered my one time or another homeless friends. For the newly broke up especially during the holidays, for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner.

It wasn't unusual to wake up Christmas morning to one of my male friends snoring on the couch. It didn't matter, male or female, anyone was welcome. I had a few rules and if broken there were consequences.

I didn't charge anyone who came to me for shelter for it was in my opinion that if I took their money how in the world could a person save and get out, with my love of course.

So help the homeless if you can. We can swap stories.
 NATIONAL HUNGER & HOMELESSNESS AWARENESS WEEK

No comments: