Monday, November 30, 2015

MemoryLaneMonday


In honor of the holidays, my first Memory Monday post will be about my past Christmas holiday memories with the kids. I'm excited and I hope you are as well. If you didn't catch my past post about my experimenting just follow the link above.

The kids were young, preschool ages. My idea of Christmas was a huge real Christmas tree all decorated with bright shiny bulbs, Christmas lights, tinsel, that particular year I had made popcorn to string around the tree. And tons of presents.

The kids would sit with me and help while I made snowflakes out of white paper and tape them on the two windows in our living room with Christmas songs playing on the radio, telling them stories about when I was growing up and Santa Claus. I was pleased my daughter has remembered the snowflakes on the windows to this day.

We would watch all the Christmas specials in the evenings with the Christmas lights twinkling against the red, blue and gold bulbs hanging down from the tree. Baking and decorating cookies were a tradition, sugar cookies were hung from the tree branches as well.

The shopping never ended until Christmas Eve. I was a great fan of Christmas stockings often over filling them. Christmas Eve was for the stocking filled with candies and little-wrapped presents. Later on, I got the kids off to bed often letting them sleep together they were so excited.

Nice bright and early I would be woken up to Christmas morning and I don't know who was more excited, me or the kids, having my camcorder in hand filming our little family as the kids excitedly opened up all their gifts then we would watch it later on after Christmas dinner.

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory? I love stories so do tell.

No comments: