Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Oh No I've Been Making FAT SMOOTHIES!

Backing up on the Green Smoothie recipes that I have been making. My husband went over the calorie count for the ingredients I was adding. I told him what I put in and he told me the calorie count. It's been confirmed. I am making "Fat Smoothies" so if any of you want to bulk up just add these ingredients. I was wondering why I wasn't losing hardly any weight and now I know.

 
    Fat Green Smoothie
  • 1 cup of Kale
  • 1/4 grounded up peanuts
  • 2 Large Strawberries
  • 2 Large Bananas
  • 3 sections Grapefruit
  • 2 cored Apples w/skin on
  • 1/2 Cup Blueberries
  • 3 Cups of Silk Coconut Milk
  • Calories for 4 servings- 1,085
  • My weight- 185 lbs


So instead of mixing all of the above ingredients together I'm going to tone them down some leaving some of the ingredients out, basically getting more protein and less sugar into the smoothie.

But,But...Fat Smoothies Are So Good!
This reminds me of one of the Jerry Seinfeld episodes, Season 5, Episode 7 where they all thought they had found the perfect food aka soft yogurt that they serve couldn't figure out why they all were gaining weight. The yogurt was packed full of calories and they all had to go on a diet!

No comments: