Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fruit Fly Summers

Every summer we get like clockwork...fruit flies- noun
a small fly that feeds on fruit in both its adult and larval stages.

One day you're sitting at your computer as normal and a small bug goes flying by your nose, or up it but who can tell as your swatting away like a maniac. 

So either you have some Apple Vinegar left over from last year or you add "Apple Vinegar" to your grocery list and pick some up from your local market.

So now I have my homemade fruit fly contraption all made up from a 2-liter plastic bottle up on my shelf, and another one at the bottom of my kitchen sink.

In my earlier Fruit Fly surfing of the web, I discovered that a fruit fly can lay 500 larvae per bug.<gross> And they like to do it under the food trap in your kitchen sink.

Here is a link to help you out with those pesky bugs.


http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/tips/a25042/how-to-kill-fruit-flies/

If you like the ideas they come up with, go ahead and click on one of the buttons at the bottom of this post.

Someday I'll learn how to make those buttons a little larger.

No comments: