Thursday, July 9, 2015

Time Of My Life #FixThePlus *

I have been reading up on the net basically how to build a nice blog. I feel like I'm all over the place and I need to focus on one subject at a time but what subjects?

I know deep down I want to use my experiences and adventures to help others that run across my blog and know you are not alone and using myself to show that despite life dragging you along like a fast moving river, you can survive it.

My blog will be like my life has been. Trial and error, plus a whole lot of reading and reflection. I got this quote out of a novel I read,

“Writing is a wonderful and terrible thing. It opens deep wells of memories that were previously capped”.

I had the hardest time going backward and reliving the worse parts of my life. But the more I write and reflect, the better I'm dealing with it. I think the hardest emotion I had to deal with was feeling guilty.

 Going to bed and emotionally flogging myself for "bad" choices sending myself into deep despair and depression. I would lay there and think about the "what ifs" and if it would have changed anything at all?

I watch a lot of television or rather I have the Internet and watch my shows and movies on my laptop. The shows I like fuels my imagination. One concept from the Si-Fi shows is parallel worlds.

I would try and imagine where I would have ended up taking another road than the one I took. But then again I've always been a dreamer which got me in a lot of troubles when I was in school. I must be part angel cos I'm always sitting on a cloud.

So now I know what I'm going to do as far as my blogging. My journey may of had speed bumps and wrong turns but one thing I am sure about is my inner core. I'd rather do good rather than evil although you get on my wrong side there's no telling what will happen! Funny thing. There was no right thing or wrong thing only my thing and the person I am today.

How do you enjoy your life?


Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Song by Green Day

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time
It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial






For what it's worth, it was worth all the while
It's something unpredictable but in the end is right

I hope you had the time of your life

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheryl,
I have read all of your posts. I just love your blog. It can take people a really long time to 'find their voice' and you seem to have nailed it straight up. You speak honestly, and I hear your voice when you write. You are hilarious, captivating and such a joy to get to know. I understand getting to the point of questioning how your doing with your blog. My advice, you are doing great, just remember to do a bit of a spell and grammar check, but stay true to who you want to be in this public space. You are a storyteller Sheryl, and a very clever one at that. Don't try to be what you think people want you to be, that's how you lose yourself. Know who you are, and be true to that. xxx