Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Memories #8 #FixThePlus

 Continued from Monday Memories #7

Anyways back to the cutest guy in the whole wide world who has since passed may he R.I.P but that’s a whole different story. I remember talking my parents into letting me go on my first date at almost sixteen.

It was to the movies and hell if I can remember the movie, but it was me, Ricky, and his cousins. So holding my breath until he asked me to “go steady” with him we were right into each other. He really paid me a lot of attention and introduced me to Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven which I learned every word.

We would have long make-out sessions to which was what teenagers did, but that was as far as that went. It was all and good, but my mother had to ruin it by insisting that he came over to my house and that was never a good idea.

We would meet up at the mall but mom made it harder and harder to see him and he finally broke up with me which broke my teenage heart. God the tears flowed and flowed and I blamed my mother. She had no trust in me at all. Maybe because she got pregnant with me, but she should have trusted me more.

I smile when telling this story about the one of two times I snuck a boy into my room. Of course, my parents came home early and if anyone outside the house was looking they would have seen a teenage boy jumping out my window! Here's what happened.

Me: "I can't believe it, my parents came home early"! As I shoved Rick into my closet I cranked up my music.When my parents got in the house my mother hollered for me to turn down my music.Me and Ricki: Freaking out saying Oh crap...alot.Me: Opening my window pushing the screen out telling Ricki to jump out helping him by pushing at his legs.

I have told this story a few times and when I told him which fences to jump over, he jumped over the wrong fence coming face to face with my backyard neighbor's Doberman. Needless to say, he yelled at me when he got home...oops!

 I look back at it today and can't help grinning at the craziness of that day. Anyways I and his cousins remained friends all through my 12th year and they were all in their 11th  year and that’s when at the ending of my 12th year me and the girls went on a 'manhunt'. I needed a date to the Prom...


You ever have a crazy teenage moment...or two?

No comments: