Thursday, April 28, 2016

"Wouldn't It Be Nice"


"Wouldn't It Be Nice"

Wouldn't it be nice if we were old
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong

                        
The Beach Boys. Didn't they have some uplifting music? 

In the kind of world where we belong means a lot of things to me. A place where you are comfortable. A peaceful place.
I just got off of Facebook. I like to mix it up what I look at first or  I will get bored  eventually wandering away to look for something else to do.

As I scrolled down my homepage, then my timeline commenting here and there I think to myself wouldn't it be nice if there could be this huge reunion of all the people you befriended and loved down over time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the technology that allows us to see whoever you are talking to. It's joyful but can be deeply depressing as well. So you put on a brave face, smile, crack a joke or two, burying it.

Thinking back to everyone that I had ever known, trusted, befriended, I'm realizing this group of family and friends are going to take up some space! 

The variety of people would be awesome. Friends and family from California, Maine, now Vermont. We would have Captains and fisherman, Carnies and Bikers, Bingo lovers and Bloggers. Every co-worker I had ever befriended.

So knowing that is just a lovely dream I will write every Tuesday to get my story out there. I hope that at least one or two people will read and enjoy.

Wouldn't it be nice?

100 Exquisite Adjectives by Mark Nichol

I love learning new words or being reintroduced to one. I ran across a list of them and will add a word a day.

Word#54 Luminous: clear, shining


In a sentence: I would have a luminous glow around me if I could see everyone I have ever loved.


No comments: