Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday Cartoons As A Kid


Finally, it's the long-awaited day...Saturday. I would wake up to the smell of pancakes or waffles, joyously jump out of bed, go eat breakfast, sprawl out on the carpet in the living room, and turning on cartoons.

 I would watch H.R. Puffnstuff, who's your friend when things get rough. Now I look at that image and think to myself, "What was I thinking"? As a kid, I loved that show.

The Pink Panther was another show I loved watching. I dressed up as the Pink Panther when I was in my twenties complete with a bobbing tail. Pink tights, a pink leotard, a coat hanger made into a tail and presto.

Mighty Mouse with "Here I come to save the day". It was so fun watching this little mouse beat up those huge villains. He was the strongest mouse I knew, he was going to come save me from the bullies at school.


Yosemite Sam, "I hates rabbits." Shooting wildly everywhere. PePe Le Pew who's antics would crack me up no matter how many times I watched this poor little kitty trying to get away from that smelly skunk.

I loved Gumby and his sidekick Pokey proudly owning one of each bending them every which way I would entertain myself for hours.
I liked Mr. Magoo laughing at his antics being blind as a bat but he always got out of trouble, barely.

Woody Woodpecker, Chilly Willy, Bugs Bunny, Heckle & Jeckle, Boris & Natasha, I can almost her rough husky voice now. Underdog, The Flintstones and so much more were my best friends until one by one they became repeats, a simpler time I can still remember.

What were your favorite cartoons when you were a little kid?

No comments: