Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Thinking Back Tuesdays #1 Has Begun

Thinking back Tuesdays is official. I have been reading tons of advice and such coming to the conclusion that slow as a turtle will win my continuing growth as a Grandma blogger. I tried learning how to insert tabs coming to the conclusion I'm a better writer getting too frustrated trying to insert for example 'tabs'. The happy part is I like the way my blog looks now. Don't hold your breath tho!

I started out today going to my Facebook. In one of my earlier posts, I had  announced quitting one of their games for I was sick of the program bogging down everything else I tried to do. It feels good not to get all disgruntled all day long. I wanted to say good morning to my daughter that I saw online, my boy wasn't there. Then I watched my grandson's video's and I can tell you I am set for the day as far as smiles. Thank you Britany for posting those and all the pictures so far. I'm very proud of her.

In watching my grandson I thought how amazing it was to watch a little being that has me in him interacting. Like my babies when they were little he is full of smiles. It makes me remember days that I thought I had forgotten when mine were little. 

                          Grandma Rose's Adventures

My first born Amy was about six months old when she first started rolling over as well. First times are so amazing and never get old! I was living in Chula Vista, San Diego in a two-bedroom apartment in a Navy based huge building. My ex-husband had disappeared leaving me all alone with my baby daughter. I had gone out one day and landed a job at a restaurant called Bob's Big Boy as a hostess.

The uniform was a brown skirt that zipped up in back, a white shirt with your hair pulled back with a hairpiece you attached to the back of your neck. I had put Amy in the middle of my bed getting ready when I heard ~thump~ startled I looked up. Amy had rolled off the bed landing on the carpet.

Needless to say, I rushed over picking up my wailing baby soothing her until she stopped crying. Then I gave her some baby Tylenol figuring if she had any aches from the fall it would make her feel better. That was my first heart-attack. After that, I surrounded her with pillows so that didn't happen again.

So of course, when my son Tysen and my daughter, Ariel came along I was ready this time by God. I found out the hard way you can't take your eyes off your baby even for a few seconds because that's all the time it takes for an accident to happen.

Amy was fine by the way, back to her happy little self. My ex-husband? Well, my old boss from the Sports Fishing boat I had worked on with my ex-husband came to see me one day at work. As I walked up to him all kinds of crazy thoughts were running through my head watching his somber face. My Ex had been gone for two weeks by now. The Captain informed me that my Ex had been working on a boat for the last two weeks and he wanted me to know.

Needless to say, I got a transfer to the Bob's Big Boy in Cathedral City, California, called my mom and dad getting the hell out of dodge!
100 Exquisite Adjectives by Mark Nichol

I love learning new words or being reintroduced to one. I ran across a list of them and will add a word a day.

Word#42 Insidious: subtle, seductive, treacherous

In a sentence: You are insidious I told my horrible husband.


No comments: