Friday, January 8, 2016

Return the 'Moo' to Walmart



Here we go again. Walmart is recalling Sam's Choice Black Angus Vidalia Onion hamburger patties  by Huisken Meat Company. After checking Snopes, nope nothing there but I did get a chuckle out of the Taco Bell chain closing down because they use cats and dogs for their meat.

Go to Mexico where they really do that. Or at least, that's what my mama said after telling me there would be days like this.

I had never heard of Vidalia Onion hamburger patties so let's go to ole faithful...google. Omgosh I almost laughed out loud. Googling The Huisken Meat Company, I read Sam's Choice Fire Side Gourmet Vidalia Onion Black Angus Beef Patties, 0.33 lb, 6 count at Woodsville. Its a sign! Why are they being recalled you ask? Wait for it....Wood in their patties. Now the comedian in me is fully released.

So I click on Woodsville thinking about that song, The Wheels On The Bus Go Round and Round...stop it, Grandma. Nothing there but how delicious our recalled product is.

I see 'About This Item' and click on it. More of the same nothingness. I see 'Customer Review' and biting my lip I click on that. Are you seeing a pattern here? Nope, still nothing. Is this a cover-up or have I watched one too many X-file episodes?

If you got wood in your patties update your web page or do you plan on hiring little wood pickers? There's a sale on Tweezers, aisle 10.

So after here a link, there a link, everywhere a link, link, Huisken Meat Company stop making patties near the wood chipper.

Have you ever had a product you bought recalled? I love stories so do tell.

No comments: