Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Who's Got The Snow?

I am torn between oh goody no snow yet, no below zero temperatures. Or to I can still go out with just a sweater on to Christmas with no snow? I shudder at the thought. That's what makes life bearable over here in New England.

It has been grey and overcast for around a week now. It has been raining for the last two days. You manage to shake off the winter blues and drag your ghost like white self outside to go to the store where everyone and everything seem to be going in slow motion.

Warm pyjamas, sweaters and soft fluffy socks are worn like old friends, I have to turn the oven on to get dressed to take the chill out of the air. The best thing about it being chilly is sleeping under a nice warm fluffy blanket and never coming out.

My neighbor is taking advantage of no snow and got a puppy running around shouting and playing. I had to look out the window to see what all the ruckus was about because he was the only one I heard. But yes in my neighbors back yard the puppy was silently bouncing around.

When I do make it to a store the people remind me of wrung out wash cloths looking really exhausted and just wanting to check out and go home. I know the feeling. And no one decorates outside anymore it's so not cheery.

When it's all dark and grey day after day it just sucks the energy out of the air so I can't believe I'm saying this but come on Mother Nature, Let the snow fly and let the sun out of the basement so we can all warm up a little.

How are you handling the changing weather? I love stories so do tell.

No comments: