Wednesday, November 18, 2015

In A Perfect World, Good Thing Dreams Are Free


If we lived in a perfect world all families that were separated and wanted to be together could be able to magically have Thanksgivings and Christmas's together.

I know there are people who are worse off, but I'm going to indulge in a little daydreaming.

I remember Thanksgiving dinners when I was growing up, every year we would go over to my mother's Aunt for Thanksgiving.

Every year she would forget the rolls or burn them. But the table looked delightful all festive with sparkling dishware and holiday food, we would eat our fill.


Christmas growing up was always awaited with great anticipation for us kids would get that special something we yearned for all year.

One year I slept with my little brother who still believed in Santa Claus while my father put wonder in his eyes by climbing on our rooftop, stomping and ringing bells, ho-ho-hoing pretending to be Santa and his reindeer's.

That would have been a sight to see. Later as I became a mother with children of my own every year I would decorate the house, put up the tree and slowly presents would pile up all around the Christmas Tree.

I will forever miss those days.


No comments: