Saturday, August 20, 2016

Frugal Friday #11 (Saved over to Saturday #2)


Yesterday was a pretty day. August so far has been either cloudy and raining or hot and humid. It was also Farmer's Market Day from 3pm to 6pm.

Walking around there was just enough variety of different vendors to make walking around interesting yet it was small enough to not completely wear you out.

One of our family members was there selling packaged meats, ice cream and homemade jars of jellies.

I came home with broccoli, a pint of blueberries, baby potatoes, cucumbers, spinach leafs and two pounds of the freshest hamburger you could hope to eat.


There was even some live music. The vendors were friendly, the stalls set up looked delightful. I will go back next Friday. They stay open until the second week of October.

It was so hot I wanted to splash around in that pretty fountain. This one of two of the larger parks.


This photo is coming back from the Farmer's Market to The Darling Inn.

This is what I especially love about living smack dab in the middle of town.

We were given $24 in fruits and vegetable coupons which served us well. They even had eggs from 'Happy Chickens' that get to roam free.  The jokes went just flying through my head but I passed. $4.00 was a little too much for a happy chicken carton of eggs! Okay, just one joke. When you break an egg from a happy chicken is the yolk smiling? Corny huh? Guess I better keep my day job!

Have you ever been to a Farmer's Market?




No comments: