Saturday, April 9, 2016

7 Tips For How to live by the Golden Rule Hoping Others Will Follow Your Lead


The Golden Rule:
"One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself".

Matthew 7:12 English Standard Version (ESV)

The Golden Rule:
12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.


Wicca Rede
“An’ it harm no one, do what thou wilt” (i.e. do what ever you want to,
as long as it harms nobody, including yourself).

Boy Scouts Motto
'A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful,
thrifty, brave, clean and reverent'.

Being understood,loved and accepted builds trust. Trust builds loyalty and a genuine fondness even love can be built from something as simple as The Golden Rule.
I remember when 'pay it forward' was popular especially at our highway's toll booths. Now a days it's hard enough to pay your own way much less someone else's but it's a lovely thought.

Then you see the videos of a person giving a homeless person the shirt right off his back, sometimes shoes, food, money, or all of these things at once. Lottery time for that homeless guy! I myself have been homeless living off the streets where two homeless people, one a man, one a woman, I befriended, they befriended me helping me to survive the streets. But that's another story for another time.

I don't have a magical number that I use when I give chances forgiving someone for some err in their ways. I do know that once that proverbial straw that broke the camels back' kicks in I'm all done and simply move on.

I am by nature an empath. Empaths are highly sensitive, finely tuned instruments when it comes to emotions. They feel everything, sometimes to an extreme, and are less apt to intellectualize feelings. Intuition is the filter through which they experience the world. Empaths are naturally giving, spiritually attuned, and good listeners. I didn't really understand until I met a couple of people who recognized it in me teaching me how to shield harmful negativity. Think twice if using the phrase, "She's/He's so sensitive. You may be dealing with an Empath who may or may not know what they are.

So what do we do you may or not be asking yourselves. Here are some rules that I follow having to remind myself especially when I get miffed or feel like I'm being attacked.

1. Be courteous- My husband and I have been together around eleven years and we still say please and thanks or thank-you.

2. Be thoughtful- Example being in a checkout line with three or more tasks you have to do and letting the lady with the one item go ahead of you.

3. Invoke trust- If you promise not to tell anyone the secret you hold, THEN DON'T TELL IT. Very important as far as trust issues are concerned.

4. Be helpful- There are all kinds of ways to be helpful. You go to take out your trash seeing your neighbor's trashcan rolling around in the wind, picking it up. They won't know you did it but an act of kindness never goes unnoticed.

5. Be patient- You never know what the inner workings of someone who is a tad grouchy what is going on inside of them. Getting angry at a person or situation may have to do with something else entirely, you never know.

6. Don't assume- Just ask. You may or may not get the answer you like or wanted but at least it's out in the open making the question easier to deal with.

7. Laugh- Laughter is the best medicine as the old saying goes. Make a joke, watch your favorite sitcom, listen to your favorite music, eat some dark chocolate (that's mine).

What do you think can be added to the Golden Rule?

100 Exquisite Adjectives by Mark Nichol

I love learning new words or being reintroduced to one. I ran across a list of them and will add a word a day.

Word#49 Jocular: jesting, playful

In a sentence: I love when my co-workers are jocular!

No comments: